Hoi

Hier even voorstellen, wel zo netjes. Belangrijk: Lees dit eerst :!:

Hoi

Berichtdoor rivercarper44 » 05 Jul 2014, 19:53

Hello very sorry I cant speak Dutch I have come on this forum for help. I am coming to the Netherlands in October for 2 weeks of fishing holiday. I would love to fish the Twentekanaal but do you think 2 weeks is not long enough to catch carp?
or maybe are there guides for the Kanaal? I have fished the river Thames for 3 years with mixed success my pb being 33lb mirror so I have experiance of fishing rivers. sorry forgot to say I am from England.
any help would be great please
Random avatar
rivercarper44

Re: Hoi

Berichtdoor CarpTracker » 05 Jul 2014, 20:20

Hello ??

Welcome on KFO.

Maybe this topic tibo60 @ @TIBO60 can give you some help.. If not open an topic by yourself and
maybe someone wil give you some tips and tricks about the Twente Canal.

GrtZ, Harry
Home page: www.carptracker.nl Carp Fishing, my way of life !
Gebruikers-avatar
CarpTracker

Afbeeldingen: 150
Voornaam: Harry

Berichtdoor Daaf » 07 Jul 2014, 12:22

Hi,

When fishing the canal it's all about location. The fishing itself isn't that hard, as long as you are willing to move and prebait swims, you will eventually land on fish and catch.
Expect busy ship movements, even at night and bring strong tackle. Lines and rigs need to be able to take a beating, or you will suffer unnecessary losses. Think like 0,40mm+ main lines and 25lb+ rigs, with strong leaders. The bottom on many stretches is pretty hard or even covered in rough gravel. Expect mussels just about anywhere they can attach themselves.

Whether two weeks is long enough is impossible to say. If things go well you could go home with 20-30 fish and a new PB, or if things go bad you could be blanking night after night after night. Even the locals can go through long series of blanks, but if you get it right it's possible to catch multiple fish a night. If you realy want to fish here I would just go for it and see what happens. If you're just after the most or biggest fish possible, there's better places on the continent to go to.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a PM.
Random avatar
Daaf

Afbeeldingen: 2

Berichtdoor rivercarper44 » 08 Jul 2014, 09:38

Thankyou very much for your help Daaf, you make good points in your post. I think I will take the risk and fish it, the place looks amazing.
thanks again
Random avatar
rivercarper44

Terug naar Welkom Karpervissers op het KFO